Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Own New Play Shoes

As a child, one of the events I eagerly anticipated was the end-of-the-school-year shopping trip for "sneakers." I recall happily disposing of the year's worn school shoes in favor of a new pair of gleaming white canvas play shoes. By the end of the summer, of course, they were dirty and tattered, but each pair represented three months of summer adventures.

Likewise, today I have a new pair of play shoes for the summer, and I'm very excited about them! After completing a video gait analysis, and discovering for the first time that my gait is largely normal, this was one of several recommended neutral-type running shoes. These are the Nike Air Max Moto + 7. The name alone conjures up images of dust trails behind my feet! (Click here to see reviews of this model.)

Although all three of the brands I tested were comfortable, these shoes felt as if they had been made for my feet the moment I slipped them on.

We shall see. Tomorrow morning at 5:00 a.m., we will plod down the road. As I trudge along the next mile, I will ponder whose shoes to borrow next. They won't be as comfortable as my new ones, and I certainly will not be able to fill them.

So, leave a comment below about a group of courageous people you'd like to see honored!

1 comment:

To add a comment, type the message you want to appear in the box. Then, select "Name/URL" from the drop down message. It isn't necessary to enter a URL. If you prefer, your comment can be anonymous. Then, click preview if you want to see your post prior to publication, or click "post".