Monday, July 12, 2010

Mile Marker: The Big 3.1!

Watch out, here I come! It happened today . . . the BIG one! No, not the big one I'd been worried about since heart surgery three years ago. It was the big 3.1 mile run -- a 5K! With help from Sue Michener's winged shoes, I smiled at every footstep for three point one miles!

Now, lest this accomplishment conjures images of human legs moving speedily forward with smooth, long strides, let me assure you, that is not the case. I . . . slogjog. That is to say, I jog very slowly. But, today, I slogjogged the entire distance! I see a Komen Race for the Cure in my future!


And that's all I have to say about THAT!

Here's to the next mile!

2 comments:

  1. *giggle* Thanks, Erin! I'm so excited and grateful! My cardiologist is gonna' fall right out of her chair at the next appointment!

    ReplyDelete

To add a comment, type the message you want to appear in the box. Then, select "Name/URL" from the drop down message. It isn't necessary to enter a URL. If you prefer, your comment can be anonymous. Then, click preview if you want to see your post prior to publication, or click "post".